Critical First Responder Business Insights Now Available through Briefing Presentations
December 20, 2011
The CATA First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum was created for the purpose of getting the right technology into the hands of Canada's First Responders through interaction, open discussion, and community building with Canada's ICT vendors and other national and international experts.
We are now making the expert presentations from the CATA 4th Annual VOF Forum available for download through our Research Repository. If your organization plans to market to or needs information on First Responder verticals, these presentations will provide terrific insights into their technology needs, pending procurement opportunities, and how to most effectively do business with them.
Immediately download presentations from:
- Les Fisher, Chief Operating Office, British Columbia Ambulance Service – British Columbia Ambulance Service: Who we are, what we do, and where we are headed
- Heather Lyle, Director, Integrated Public Safety, Emergency Management BC – Emergency Management BC --- Supporting Local Authorities and Stakeholders Before, During and After a Major Emergency Event
- Chief Jim Chu, Vancouver Police Department – A practitioner's view of Effective Procurement Practices in Policing Environments
- Susan Pickrell, Regional Supervisor Marine SAR, Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Victoria – JRCC Victoria - Over 3000 rescues a year and few people even know we exist
- Steve Palmer , Executive Director, Canadian Police Research Centre – Improving Public Safety Interoperability: CPRC, Hot Issues and the Canadian Landscape
- Bill Schrier, Chief Technology Officer, City of Seattle – Current Events in the US on Public Safety Broadband Networking
- David Guscott, President and CEO, E-Comm – Safer communities in British Columbia through excellence in public safety communications
- Dennis Crowe, Inspector, OIC Operational Readiness and Response, Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Integrated/Multi-Agency Technology Planning and Procurement
- Almin Surani, Chief Information Officer, Canadian Red Cross – Crowd, Cloud and SMS
- Raymond St-Jean, Director of Mobile Communication Services, Royal Canadian Mounted Police – RCMP and Interoperability
- Karen Fry, Deputy Chief, City of Surrey Fire Services – The Art and Science of Firefighting - an interdisciplinary approach
- 700 MHz Broadband for Public Safety Panel – including Superintendent Bill Moore, Halifax Regional Police; Superintendent Pascal Rodier, British Columbia Ambulance Service; and, Division Chief Mike Sullivan, Ottawa Fire Service
These presentations are free for CATA members, First Responders and paid research subscribers. Non-members will be subject to a $145 advocacy contribution fee.
Please note, First Responders should contact Kevin Wennekes directly to receive their access info.
++ Action Item:
Download the VOF Research materials from the Research Repository.
Make plans today to attend the 5th Annual VOF in Ottawa, Ontario on October 17-18, 2012. Contact CATA VP Research Kevin Wennekes for more information at email@example.com or by calling (613) 769-8614.