YOUR ROLE AS A BOARD MEMBER
The role of CIRA board directors is to help foster the development of .CA. They provide strategic direction and oversight for the .CA domain name registry to help guide CIRA as it fulfills its mandate to manage the .CA domain as a key public resource for the benefit of all Canadians. As well, the board plays a key role in helping build a better online Canada through initiatives such as the community investment program and the development of internet exchange points.
Desired skills and experience
We are seeking Canadians who have:
- Previous board experience with solid understanding of board governance (mandatory for all applicants);
- Finance, accounting and audit experience;
- Investment management and performance oversight experience;
- Experience in relevant industry sectors (domain name industry and internet infrastructure experience);
- A passion for Canada's Internet.
For additional information about CIRA’s board election process, please visit cira.ca/election.