CATA Public Safety Updates
Complimentary Research and Consultation Papers Now Available! 4th Annual First Responder Forum Portal Launched
700 MHz Broadband for Public Safety Campaign
Two critical reports are now available for free download
from the CATA Research Repository.
Stakeholder Survey Consultation Report
This survey was conducted during January and February 2011 for the principal purpose of collecting stakeholder feedback to augment the planned submissions by the Tri-Services Special Purpose Committee on 700 MHz Broadband for Mission Critical Public Safety Data - representing the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs and the Emergency Medical Services Chiefs of Canada
- and the Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance
), in response to Gazette Notice No. SMSE-018-10: Industry Canada Consultation on a Policy and Technical Framework for the 700 MHz Band and Aspects Related to Commercial Mobile Spectrum.
This survey resulted in the participation of 366 first responders, public safety agencies, vendors, and non-profits and provides their views on current broadband capacity and future need, issues related to the need to seek U.S. harmonization, who should fund and operate a national broadband network, among others.
Industry Canada Submission
Also available for free download is CATAAlliance
's official submission to Industry Canada's request for comments on their Policy and Technical Framework for the 700 MHz Band and Aspects Related to Spectrum for Public Safety and Commercial Systems consultation.
To access these downloads, first register for your free CATA Research subscription or if already subscribed, go to this page
and order them direct.
Visit the official Tri-Service website dedicated to 700 MHz Broadband for Mission Critical Public Safety Data campaign at www.action700.ca
to access their complete submission to the Industry Canada consultation.
4th Annual Vendor Outreach Forum - Registration Portal Now Available
along with its founding supporters, the Canadian Police Research Centre (CPRC) and the Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) is pleased to announce the formal launch of the highly anticipated 4th Annual First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum, taking place October 18 & 19 in Vancouver at the prestigious Pan Pacific hotel.
A powerful line-up of speakers has already been confirmed, including:
- RCMP Deputy Commissioner West, Peter M. German, O.O.M, LL.M., Ph.D.
- Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu
- Chief John McKearney, Chief/General Manager, Vancouver Fire Rescue Service
- Steve Palmer, Executive Director, CPRC
- Inspector (Ret'd) Lance Valcour, O.O.M., representing CITIG
- Mike Webb, Manager, Telecom & Specialty Systems, Emergency Management BC
- Bill Schrier, Chief Technology Officer, City of Seattle
- Superintendent Pascal Rodier, Officer in Charge, South Fraser District, British Columbia Ambulance Service
- Superintendent Bill Moore, Halifax Regional Police
- Division Chief Mike Sullivan, Ottawa Fire Service
- More soon to be announced...
Visit the launch portal
here for more information and to register to attend.
that First Responders and Public Safety representatives participating as a Speaker or participating in Executive Boardroom series attend at no cost. Contact Lance Valcour for more information
Welcome to returning sponsors Motorola
, Inter-op Canada
, and Frontline Security.
Vendors wishing to obtain one of our exclusive,'Dragon's Den' Executive Boardroom sessions should contact CATAAlliance
VP Kevin Wennekes at email@example.com
or by calling (613)769-8614. The event sells out every year, so be sure to act fast.
for information on how to access the Speaker presentations from the 3rd Annual Forum held in Halifax.
Join the official VOF LinkedIn
site to obtain advance notice on new speakers, sponsors, and up-to-date announcements.
Other Security-Related Opportunities
- Register now and join CATAAlliance in attending the CACP's Emergency Services Management
in Canada forum this April: http://www.cacp.ca/index/eventscontent?contentId=1034
National Teleforum: Supplying Municipalities with "Ultra Broadband" through Data Utilities Register Today
- CATAAlliance trade mission to the China Public Security Expo - an expanded trade mission in the accompaniment of Canadian First Responders and other Public Safety agencies
Join CATAAlliance in sponsoring the Fifth Canadian Public Safety Interoperability Workshop: A CITIG National Forum http://www.cacp.ca/index/eventscontent?contentId=1048
Access other insightful security-related research reports at our Research Repository.
Join VP Kevin Wennekes' 1000+ members in his personal email network of advanced security enthusiasts and receive advance notice on many of these initiatives - simply email him to join!
- Welcome to our newest member joining to support our public safety and First Responder campaigns: HumanLed Inc.
Ps A Note from the Desk of CATA CEO, John Reid, to all our email subscribers: Join the CATA Social Network on Linkedin:
CATA is now providing a number of social networking forums for executives to connect, inform and inspire others to individual and organizational success. In order to benefit and be first in line for critical updates, please join the CATAAlliance
main social networking group (2180 current members) on Linkedin at: http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=37239