Ottawa, February 24, 2011...The CATA First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum was created for the purpose of getting the right technology into the hands of Canada's First Responders through interaction, open discussion, and community building with Canada's ICT vendors and other national and international experts.
We are now making the expert presentations from the CATA 3rd Annual VOF Forum
(September 2010 in Halifax) available to interested parties.
If your organization plans to market to, or needs information on, this First Responder opportunity, the CATA documents could be part of your "success map."
Ten presentations, videos and a Bonus Technology Roadmap briefing are now available:
- Michael Doucet, Chief Technology Officer, Royal Canadian Mounted Police on IM/IT Business Solutions
- Steve Palmer , Executive Director, Canadian Police Research Centre on Public Safety Interoperability in Canada: A Strategic Risk Management Issue
- Terry Canning, Public Safety and Field Communications, Nova Scotia on BIGGERis not always BETTER!! Marketing to Small Budget Agencies
- Barry Gander, Chair, Networked Vehicle Association on A Network "First" for First Responders The Network Test-Bed and Showcase
- Superintendent Bill Moore, Halifax Regional Police on Technology: A Love/Hate Relationship An Overview
- Ron Dingwell, Informatics Officer, RCMP Atlantic Region on Telecommunications Challenges & Opportunities
- Peter MacKinnon, WiSense Project, University of Ottawa on Wireless Sensor Networks: A New Tool in Supporting First Responders
- Superintendent Dan Elliott, Greater Toronto Airports Authority on GTAA (Greater Toronto Airport Authority)
- Inspector Lance Valcour (Ret.) O.O.M., Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group on Stay Connected: CITIG
- Martin Bell, President, Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association on Communication Needs of Canadian Volunteer Fire Departments
And as a special bonus you will receive a one-hour Teleforum recording from industry stakeholders regarding the planned execution of a Canadian First Responder Technology Roadmap. This informative and interactive call details the process, anticipated outcomes, and means by which you can contribute to this national consultation.
The Technology Roadmap (TRM) concept is a consultative process that is designed to help industry, its supply-chain, academic and research groups, and governments come together to jointly identify and prioritize the technologies needed to support strategic R&D, marketing and investment decisions. These technologies will be of critical importance to industry in the next five to ten years.
This offer provides these benefits, which have a value of thousands of dollars, for only $295 plus taxes. If you are a member of CATA, the Research Materials are yours for $90 plus taxes.
++ Action Item:
Access the VOF Research materials online at:
- For additional information, read CATA’s VP of Research, Kevin Wennekes, Advanced Security Update
. Please make plans today to attend the 4th Annual VOF
in Vancouver, B.C. on October 18 - 19, 2011.
CATAAlliance is a business development association dedicated to stimulating global growth for technology enterprises through the promotion of strategic partnerships, technological innovation and entrepreneurial values. More information about CATA can be found on the CATA Web site:
Support Industry Advocacy, Join CATAAlliance today