February 7, 2019
Advocacy Reminder: CATA wants your help calling for a 21st Century Tax Commission
Making the Case for Canada’s 21st Century Tax Commission: Russ Roberts, Sr. VP, CATAAlliance from CATAAlliance on Vimeo.
Canada’s federal government has pursued a tech-friendly “innovation agenda” that thus far has included funding for tech-based “superclusters” and a contest encouraging cities across the country to digitally transform themselves – but its taxation policies, including SR&ED tax credit revitalization have yet to follow suit.
In this 90 second video, CATA’s Russ Roberts, Sr. VP, Tax, Finance & Advocacy comments on this Campaign, entitled, “ Call for Creating Canada’s 21st Century Tax Commission: ” See full details at: http://cata.ca/2018/21st-century-tax-commission/
NEW Related: Caucus of 750 Executives Now Driving Canada’s E-Petition Advocacy for Balanced Budgets & 5 All Party Tech Recommendations
The Call to Action is to provide a supportive quote ( i.e., a para of 3-4 sentences) for inclusion in the ” Community Comments Section “ of the 21st Century Tax Commission communique. See how at this URL: cata.ca/2018/21st-century-tax-commission-quotes/
Join with us today to advance this important advocacy!
What CATA’s asking for
CATA’s proposed terms of reference for the sought-after commission, include:
- Comparing Canada’s tax regime with other nations, including research on their administrative models, methods of innovation support, and treatment of intellectual property;
- Determining which current tax and administrative models successfully support competitiveness, and how they can be used to support a 21st Century economy, with particular attention paid to the evolution of U.S. tax policy;
- The need for targeted and general tax cuts that support businesses;
- The redeployment of tax incentives that support the Canadian economy’s transition from one based on resources to one based on “industries of the future”; and
- Establishing the well-being of families as a priority for tax cuts.
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance), Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group and ‘political party’ for Canada’s tech industry, crowdsources ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. Supported by evidence-based research, CATAAlliance then mobilizes the community behind public policy recommendations designed to boost Canada’s innovation and competitiveness success.
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
10 Ways to Advance Quickly Agendas with CATAAlliance
Contact: CATAAlliance CEO, John Reid at email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 613-699-8209, website: www.cata.ca, tags: Innovation, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy