December 7, 2018
E-1955 (SPACE EXPLORATION), a CATA supported Petition for Canada’s Space Leadership: Add your signature today!
Dear Community members,
Please review the Petition details below, now open for signature until April 2, 2019, and then sign at the URL provided.
The Petition was initiated by Keelan Green, Consultant, Don’t Let Go Canada campaign and sponsored by Bryan May, Member of Parliament, Cambridge, Ontario.
Petition to the Government of Canada
- Canada, as the third country into space, has a competitive advantage to maintain and is an industry leader and innovator in the space sector;
- Canada’s space sector includes some of our most innovative companies, universities and research institutions and employs our brightest minds: in 2016, our space sector achieved $5.5 billion in revenue, employed 10,000 Canadians, and supported close to 22,000 jobs;
- The global space market is worth over USD $383.5B today; analysts forecast it will grow to be a multi-trillion-dollar market in coming decades;
- Canada is very well positioned to take advantage of the growth in the global space sector;
- However, Canada has been facing declining investments in space for several years, and has had no long-term space plan for decades;
- Without a fully funded space strategy, Canada’s space program will continue to wither and our place as a leader in the sector will slip to other countries; and
- Canada needs a Federal Government funded space strategy to keep our space sector competitive and ensure Canada’s place in space for generations to come.
We, the undersigned, members of Canada’s space sector, call upon the Government of Canada to develop a new space strategy that will secure Canada’s place in space and fully fund that strategy in Budget 2019.
Go to this Signatory URL: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-1955
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance), Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, crowdsources ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. Supported by evidence-based research, CATAAlliance then mobilizes the community behind public policy recommendations designed to boost Canada’s innovation and competitiveness success.
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
10 Ways to Advance Agendas with CATAAlliance
Contact: CATAAlliance at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 613-236-6550, website: cata.ca, tags: Innovation, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy