What is it?
- An educational model that combines academic study with work experience
- Students alternate terms of school with work in relevant fields, gaining up to two years of work experience
- Pioneered co-operative education in Canada in 1957
- The largest post-secondary co-op program of its kind in the world with more than 18,300 co-op students in over 140 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels
Hire a co-op student
- New to co-op? Visit the how-to-hire page, where we’ll guide you through the process.
- Hired from Waterloo before? Check out the recruiting dates and then post a job.
Most work terms are four months long. Some programs also have eight month work terms.
- Fall co-op term (September to December)
- Winter co-op term (January to April)
- Spring/summer co-op term (May to August)
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, and is crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind)