October 18, 2017
Driving Women in Tech Champions: CEO Ali Close & Research Head, Melanie Ewan, Facebook Live
Driving Women in Tech Champions: CEO Ali Close & Research Head, Melanie Ewan, Facebook Live from CATAAlliance on Vimeo.
Women in Tech World with the support of CATAAlliance presented the Ottawa Driving Women in Tech event on October 17th, part of a community based research tour to better understand and support women in the technology industry in Canada.
Take a few minutes on Facebook Live to hear from Ali Close, CEO & Co-Founder, Driving Women in Tech and Melanie Ewan, Head of Research, Driving Women in Tech, about the goals and progress of this important venture.
- 30+ cities coast-to-coast
- 25+ national and community partners (incubators, accelerators, tech companies and national sponsors) and 87 Kickstarter funders
- 2,500 participants and 10,000 stakeholders reached
- 50 community conversations and 20+ panels by expert speakers!
As part of this study, we are conducting a series of research activities, including the Ottawa Community Conversation. If you agree to participate in this activity, it would involve filling out a brief questionnaire (~5 minutes) and taking part in a community conversation, that would take about 2.5 hours of your time.
This research activity is for people who:
- Self-identify as as woman working in the tech industry (or recently left in the past 5 years)
- Allies or advocates of women in tech
- Stakeholders in the tech industry (including government, non-profit, educational organizations or service providers)
- 5:30-6:00pm Networking
- 6:00-6:30pm Panel of Trailblazing Women in Tech
- 6:30-7:50pm Research Activities: Community Conversation
- 7:50-8:00pm Closing Questions + Next Steps
- Defining who are women in tech in Canada
- Understanding what are women’s experiences in the tech industry in Ottawa
- Identifying best practices for inclusion and promotion of women in the tech industry in Ottawa
DRIVING WINTECH: KEY SUCCESS METRICS & OUTCOMES
- National Report on the experiences of women in tech in Canada, including best practices for creating more inclusive and diverse tech communities.
- Regional Playbooks with recommendations, to facilitate community-driven activities.
- Findings and data shared through Women in Tech World Online and the World Women Report published by The State of Women Institute & Women Investing in Women DIGITAL– 100 Million viewers aggregate reach through 45+ global content sharing partners.
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, and is crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
Contact: CATAAlliance at email@example.com, tel: 613-699-8209, website: www.cata.ca, tags: Innovation. Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy