October 6, 2017
Consultation meeting with the Senate national finance committee: Call for community guidance on tax reform
Senate national finance committee consultation
On October 16th, we continue CATA advocacy with a consultation meeting with the Senate national finance committee created to study the federal government’s contentious tax reforms.
Michel Coderre, Tax Lawyer, Entrepreneur, member, CATA Innovation Leadership Council and recognized innovation advocate who will present, shares his thoughts on the impact (see video) of the proposed federal tax changes with CATA CEO, John Reid.
If you have specific guidance to provide, please contact CATA CEO, John Reid, at email@example.com
The Senate national finance committee is going to study the potential impacts of the federal government’s contentious tax reforms, and senators say it’s a chance to cut through the rhetoric and get to the bottom of the potential impacts of the Liberals’ proposal.
The committee will be studying the changes to income sprinkling, passive investments, and converting income into capital gains. As well, the motion asks the committee to make note of the potential impact of the proposed changes on incorporated small businesses and professionals, economic growth and government finances, and the fairness of taxation of different types of income.
The deadline to complete the study and report back to the Senate is November 30th.
- New tax legislation would penalize entrepreneurs, stifle innovation, CATA says
- CATA helps lead coalition for tax policies supportive of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Ottawa entrepreneurs will suffer under proposed tax changes, tech advocacy group says
- Are SR&ED tax changes another punch in the teeth for Canada’s tech sector
- Employee versus Entrepreneur – Fair comparison
- Myths and Fact Sheet
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Ed Bryant, CEO, Sampford Advisors
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Paul Labarge, Co-Founder & Partner, Labarge Weinstein
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Michael Horne, Co-Founder, Meldrum Horne & Associates
- Expert Panel Discussion on the impact of federal tax changes: CATA advocacy
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Michel Coderre, Tax Lawyer & Innovation Advocate
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Garron Helman, CEO, Venbridge
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Donald Page, President, Glister Limited
- CATA wants the Liberals to ‘press the reset button’ to improve Canadian business growth (IT World Canada)
- Ottawa’s CATA call for ‘reset button’ on feds’ business policies (OBJ news)
- Innovation Leaders Speak Out on proposed tax changes: Peter Schartz, Founder & Executive Chairman at Kognitiv
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, and is crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
Contact: CATAAlliance CEO, John Reid at email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 613-699-8209, website: www.cata.ca, tags: Innovation. Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy