What is The Leadership Forum?
The Leadership Forum has been created by the Telfer Executive MBA Program with the generous support of Scotiabank, Ottawa Business Journal, CATAAlliance, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP, Minto Group and the Telfer School of Management. The leadership and vision of these six organizations continue to build a vibrant and diverse Ottawa economy.
The Leadership Forum aims to:
· Explore “Leveraging Social Media for Business”
· Engage Ottawa’s top talent with the most sought after leaders of the region in intensive, interactive sessions that are grounded in practical experience
· Invite like-minded executives to create long-lasting relationships with peers in the candid setting of the Centre for Executive Leadership facility
· Drive the sustainable success of leaders in their organizations and the prosperity of this region.
Who is Involved?
The Leadership Forum is an exclusive collective of hand-picked emerging executives who broaden their perspectives on business issues through interaction with established business leaders.
The typical profile of a TLF participant is:
· A mid-career executive;
· An officer of a company i.e. Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Vice-President Finance, Vice President Human Resources, Chief Technology Officer, Vice President Marketing, Vice President Sales etc.;
· An individual that would be accepted unanimously by the Selection Committee upon review of the potential participant’s application and interview.
Benefits of Participation
· The Leadership Forum participants become better leaders, both within their organizations and communities;
· The Leadership Forum participants network with the sharpest business minds in Ottawa, have high involvement in the group dynamic due to the small size of the forum, and create long-lasting relationships with current and up-and-coming business leaders;
· The Leadership Forum participants interact with Ottawa’s business leaders on timely business issues. They gain valuable insights in how seasoned professionals have dealt with specific business challenges;
· The Leadership Forum sessions will look at the Overall Landscape Change in Business Communication with Stakeholders, Influencing Public Perception with Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, Executive Blogging and Building Brands with Social Media.
Process of Acceptance
· Each of The Leadership Forum sponsors provide six applicants to be considered for acceptance by the Selection Committee.
· All applicants are required to complete and submit an application form which the Selection Committee will review.
· The application will include: background of the company, level of responsibility, employment achievements, academic achievements, community and charitable involvement, aspirations, why he/she wishes to attend the forum and a recommendation by their Chief Executive Officer or President.
· All applicants will be interviewed in-person by a minimum of one of the TLF sponsors (not the nominating sponsor), the Selection Committee Chair and a Telfer Executive MBA staff member.
· The interview will give applicants the opportunity to put forth their expectations for the lecture series and possible areas for future research.
++ Action Item:
FMI: Executives in Ottawa's Innovation & Technology Community should confirm their interest in participating in the Leadership Forum to CATA CEO, John Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org Selected candidates are fully sponsored by CATAAlliance.