Due to popular demand to attend the SR&ED Session on Changes to the Tax Initiatives, the CMC-Ontario Conference 2014, at the Delta Hotel in Ottawa on November 6th, is opening up the afternoon sessions at a reduced registration rate. Please request the CATA preferred rate ($100) at the Registration Desk (Delta Hotel, Lyon St.).
The SR&ED Session is slated to start at 3:30. It will feature a panel of experts from Government and Industry who have been assembled to provide an in depth review of recent changes to the Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax incentive program. The SR&ED program is the largest single source of federal government support for industrial R&D, as you may know. The program provides 3 to 4 billion dollars a year to claimants. The expert panel includes:
* Russ Roberts, Senior Vice President of Tax, Finance and Advocacy for the Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance, CATA, the largest high-tech association in Canada, promoting Industry Advocacy, Innovation and Business Development
* Brian Cookson, President and Managing Director, RDP Associates, a leading firm in Innovation Funding and Innovation Management
* Hans Downer, President & CEO of SavvyDox, a revolutionary new cloud based solution providing intuitive, accelerated and controlled collaboration that combines the simplicity of an app with the control of a content management system.
* Hélène Marquis, Director of the Science and Technology Division, Canada Revenue Agency, SR&ED Directorate.
* Elizabeth Koopman, Director of the Financial SR&ED and Film Division, Canada Revenue Agency, SR&ED Directorate, and,
* Geoff MacDonald, Partner and Practice Leader SR&ED, from KPMG is the Panel Moderator.
Your Registration also includes entry to the following sessions.
1:30 - 2:50 iPanel- What it takes to be a successful don com Company
CMC Moderator, Greg Graham of Market Metrics will ask probing questions to iPanel guests, featuring; Robert Lee, CFO of shop.ca, Alexander Rink, CEO of 360pi and Brad Stewart, Founder, Producer of adjoy.
2:30 - 3:25 Is it an Art or Science? The Secret to Proposal Writing Revealed. (Winning RFP bids)
2:30 - 3:25 Consulting in the age of Big Data: Challenges and Opportunities
3:30 - 4:25 Panel discussion on new initiatives/changes in the SR&ED Tax Incentive Program
3:30 - 4:25 The Consultancy Maturity Model for Change
Full day registration is also still open at www.cmc-conference2014.ca <http://www.cmc-
Visit the web site for more details. Contact email@example.com if need be.