The University of Toronto-School of Continuing Studies is offering a new Certificate program in Innovation and Entrepreneurship taught by Walter Derzko and other guest lecturers & entrepreneurs.
The next course: SCS 1939 Strategic Thinking for Entrepreneurs starts on Saturday Nov. 3, 2007 and will run through two consecutive Saturdays at the University of Toronto downtown St George Campus. Patrick Carson, retired former Sr VP of Loblaw's and creator of the Loblaws Green Program will visit the class on Nov 3, 2007 to talk about the urgent need for Innovation in Canada and his experience with strategy development at Loblaws.
Entrepreneurs can join the Certificate Program at any time throughout the year, or register for specific individual classes that interest them. Each of the 10 half courses in the full certificate program are scheduled over two consecutive Saturdays each month.
Six guest speakers have been identified for the Certificate Program in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
* John Arnott, President Strategic Design Management, famous Canadian
designer on Oct 13, 2007
* David Crane from the Toronto Star on Oct 20th, 2007
* Patrick Carson retired Sr VP of Loblaw's and creator of the Loblaws
Green Program on Nov 3, 2007
* Heather Reisman, Indigo Books on Jan 19, 2008 ;
* Seymour Schulich, Benefactor, Schulich School of Business
* Rumeet Toor, founder Jobs in Education, (date TBA in 2008)
Go Outline: <http://learn.utoronto.ca/Page1897.aspx>