4th Annual First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum – Deadlines to Sponsor/Register Fast Approaching
The event portal speaks for itself; and have confirmed learned executive officers from Victoria Police, Victoria Fire, and Abbotsford PD as new participants in the Forum. And, a warm welcome to our newest Forum-level sponsor Oracle!
· The official agenda identifying the keynotes and speakers addressing the Forum’s exclusive audience of emergency responders, public safety leaders, vendors, government and academic stakeholders (125 max registration to ensure high level networking)
· Our “Dragon’s Den investors” providing their exclusive audience to our sponsors
· Vendors looking to sponsor the Forum and obtain an audience with our ‘investors’ should download the prospectus (PDF format) here:
o Sponsor now in order to obtain the most value from your sponsorship benefits – deadlines for material inclusion in event materials fast approach!
· Looking simply to attend? Use this registration form (if not available, means event is full):
Note that our special group booking rate is set to expire soon, so please click here for information on how to secure one of the few remaining rooms at the Pan Pacific hotel.
US Embassy Webinar on the Vancouver Forum
Co-hosting this webinar with CATA is Tracey Ford of the US Embassy in Ottawa, and joining us are Vancouver Forum participants Bill Schrier, Chief Technology Officer of the City of Seattle, Michael Doucet, Chief Information Officer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Inspt. (Ret`d) Lance Valcour, O.O.M, of the Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group, and George Krausz, President, Motorola Solutions Canada Inc.
While this is aimed at primarily US firms, Canadian participation is welcome. This free webinar is taking place Tuesday, September 6, at 2:00 P.M. EST. See the link below for more information, or skip this and go right to the registration page.
NEW!!! CATA – TSX Capital Investment Series for Security Companies
Are you an advanced security technology company looking for a capital infusion? If so, you may want to consider an exciting new program we’ve developed with the TSX aimed at aligning your company with elite professionals from the capital markets focused on the growth oriented technology companies such as yours.
Our first session will be in Toronto this September 20th, with a second one planned following the Vancouver Forum. The following links provide you with more information on how to apply for one of the 5 openings we will be offering at each stop. Applications for the first call are due by September 4!
First Responder Mission to China
We are aiming to proceed with our Mission to China this year, notwithstanding some of the obstacles this year’s election posed in securing timely government funding. Corporate sponsorships are being sought and provide tremendous value for the investment. We are also hosting a Canadian Pavilion at this year’s China Public Security Expo – security technology companies with eyes on China will want to seriously consider these opportunities.
Please see this announcement for more information:
A Righteous Union!
We are pleased to announce that General Dynamics Canada has officially joined CATA as a full corporate member and has committed significant resources towards helping achieve some of our upcoming public safety initiatives. Please see the formal membership announcement here, which outlines some of the exciting initiatives that they will be supporting and helping to create:
Other notes of interest
· We will be providing the luncheon keynote at the Wireless Innovation Forum taking place during the Workshop on “Enabling Interoperability” in Montreal on 15 September 2011.
· Why wait any longer!? Sponsor and/or register to participate at the 5th Annual CITIG Canadian Public Safety Interoperability Workshop http://www.citig.ca/fifth-canadian-public-safety-interoperability-workshop-2011-12-04.aspx - CATA will be there again with our regular offering of free research, some swag, and special draw for great prizes: worth going for this alone!
· Have you checked out CATA’s Research Repository and the many security-related reports available? Also a wealth of other material available as well. You can get a free subscription, but the only way to get completely no cost access to all of the reports therein is by becoming a paid subscriber (only $900 a year), or through corporate membership which results in your entire workforce gaining free, unrestricted access. Members typically realize 10 times the return on their membership dues investment with us through this one benefit alone: do not be the only one missing out!
· Are you an ICT company based in Alberta, or looking at Alberta as a market? You have to speak with Wade Muri, Manager, ICT Industries at Government of Alberta, Advanced Education and Technology. He’s my go-to guy for anything taking place in the province and would prove as invaluable a resource in your market expansion plans. He can be reached at Wade.Muri@gov.ab.ca. Here’s his Linked-In profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10096592&authType=name&authToken=vMfF&goback=.con
Free Research Subscriptions
In appreciation of your continued engagement with us, we will be holding a monthly draw to randomly award at least one free annual research subscription to someone in this personal network. For this first draw, we will in fact select five names! Keep your eyes on your inbox for an email from me with “Free Research Subscription” in the subject line.
What items do you have for publication?
Do you have items of interest relating to job and procurement opportunities, events, developing news/technologies, etc. that can be shared with this group of over 1300 emergency responders, public safety leaders, boutique and multi-national business leaders. We can’t promise to feature everything shared, but will be glad to help.
w - (613) 236-6550 ext. 3
c - (613) 769-8614
f - (866) 274-8189