Export Now – Gaming Software development partnerships in the U.S. Southeast
August 25, 2008
Join CATAAlliance’s Web Conference Call with senior CEOs from Georgia’s leading video game software companies and the Georgia Game Developers Association.
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance is proud to host a Web-based conference call to facilitate potential partnering opportunities and business exchange for game developing companies in both Canada and Georgia. Canadian companies specializing in the publishing, distribution, and marketing aspects of the gaming industry are especially encouraged to participate in this call. Participants will benefit from:
- Fast overview on opportunities within the southeast U.S. marketplace
- Specific export opportunities from at least one American company
- Matchmaking prospects with suggested prospects
- Ongoing online advice, information and networking
Featured attendees include:
- Steve Flamm, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada
- Clinton Lowe, President, Georgia Game Developers Association
- Todd Harris, COO and Executive Producer, Hi-Rez Studios
- Mike Tinney, President, CCP
- Asante Bradford, Digital Entertainment Liaison, Georgia Department of Economic Development
When: Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Access: To access the call please contact Emily Boucher at email@example.com
Georgia, home to the world’s best peaches and the Atlanta Braves, offers vibrant opportunities for both experienced and developing companies. Below are just a few of the reasons Georgia attracts the best and brightest game developers in North America:
- More than 50 game developers and publishers currently employ approximately 2,000 people in Georgia
- The industry has tapped into the skilled talent emerging from colleges and universities in the state
- Georgia is ranked number four in terms of compensation levels for game developers
- The Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act offers a sizable incentive to video game companies for producing games there. Developers and publishers can receive tax breaks of up to 30% on projects over $500,000
- Georgia Game Developers Association, Inc. is the first state-based, non-profit, trade association for the video game industry in the U.S.
- SIEGE, Southern Interactive Entertainment and Game Expo (www.siegecon.net), is the largest video game conference in the southeast
Join this call today!
++ Action Item: To access the call or for additional information please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with Export Now in the subject line.