i-CANADA Summit Meets WCIT Global Digital Society Summit, October 21-24, 2012, Montreal: Mark your Calendar
Intelligent Community Leadership: Biggest Meeting in Canada Focuses on Economic, Social Development
Montreal, June 26, 2012 -- In what has been hailed as the greatest single meeting of Canadian and Global ‘digital impact’ leaders, the i-CANADA National Summit and the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) have joined forces to offer a joint i-CANADA/WCIT Summit on the issues and opportunities to be found in the rise of the global Intelligent Community movement. IT World Canada, the country’s foremost B2B portal for ICT information, is providing online resources such as a Digital Interactive Magazine. The conferences are backed by Canada’s largest ICT organizations: i-CANADA founding organization the Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATA), and the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC).
“The i-CANADA/WCIT Summit explores the $10.2-trillion investment that is being made in the next ten years in Intelligent Communities,” said i-CANADA Co-Founder Barry Gander. “This is an amount equal to the entire Canadian economy, and it is being pumped into the world’s economic ecosystem each year. We need to hear from WCIT’s global leaders on how we take advantage of that. The WCIT event ONE Vision for a Global Digital Society is a gathering of global experts on that very topic.”
“The direct economic investment is important,” stated WCIT CEO Francois Morin. “Equally important is how effectively Canadian communities can make use of the empowerment being offered by the new ultra-broadband applications. I-CANADA has developed some unique power tools to help communities take up that challenge, which will be explored in their summit, A Canada For The 21st Century.”
i-CANADA is the largest movement in Canada devoted to the creation of an Intelligent Nation.
The WCIT summit is the “Olympic Event” of global information technology leaders, held every four years.
IT World Canada, number one in I.T. coverage, features a new Digital Interactive Magazine on the conference and the subject of Intelligent Communities.
The i-Canada Summit + the WCIT ‘Olympic Event’ is the networking event for community leaders. For the first time, these events are happening in one city at one time.
The i-CANADA Summit: A Canada For the 21st Century
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Ø > The i-CANADA Summit brings together Premiers, Mayors, CEOs and business and social leaders;
Ø > The Summit consolidates regional summit leaders and findings from East to West;
Ø > Global experts will address community economic sustainability and new social media financing;
Ø > Outstanding Canadian leaders will receive Awards; and
Ø > Immersive technology will energize new drama and dance productions.
The WCIT Summit: ONE Vision for a Global Digital Society
Monday, October 22 – Wednesday, Oct 24
Ø > The WCIT is the world’s leading information technology gathering;
Ø > It happens every four years; this year, it is accessible for Canadians, being held in Montreal;
Ø > 300 media people alone are expected to attend, plus more than 100 globally-prominent speakers, thinkers, and business leaders; and3,000 delegates from more than 80 countries will meet in this-paced 3-day conference,
IT World Canada, Digital Interactive Magazine
Ongoing September – November, 2012
Ø > IT World Canada has become the online information resource of choice for Canadian IT professionals, through publications such as CIO Canada, Network World Canada, ComputerWorld Canada, Computer Dealer News, and Direction informatique.
Ø > The Digital Interactive Magazine for the event features editorial views, news, updates and information from vendors, polls and surveys.
The Nine Reasons to Attend the i-CANADA Summit and the WCIT:
1. 1. Increase business and investment.
2. 2. Grow awareness among a global community.
3. 3. Network with potential partners from around the world
4. 4. Meet other Canadian companies and agencies
5. 5. Join an exhibition featuring the latest advancements in ICT products, and services
6. 6. Meet government representatives at pavilions showcasing leading ICT countries.
7. 7. Enter a B2B event with structured business meetings for 200 to 300 Canadian SMEs
8. 8. Attend the WCIT Investment Forum, a premium networking opportunity for Canadian companies seeking investment and invited members of the International ICT Investment community.
9. 9. See unique showcases of Canadian Innovations and Young Global Innovators, where presenters will demonstrate world-changing ideas.
WCIT and i-CANADA Working Together
The WCIT event will showcase Canadian technology innovation to a global audience, creating business opportunities for Canadian entrepreneurs, and attract foreign investment.
· One entry fee for both the WCIT and i-CANADA event: $1,250
· i-CANADA’s Summit the day before the WCIT Conference connects domestic business with Canadian leaders;
· Points of interest from the i-CANADA Summit will be highlighted in the WCIT event, spreading exposure for companies and agencies; and
· Exhibitors will be presenting to a larger audience, when i-CANADA delegates join the WCIT event
· Municipal Leaders: Mayors, Deputy Mayors, Councillors
· Business Development Officers
· Provincial officials responsible for Municipal Affairs and sectors such as Transportation, Energy and Water
· Officers interested in the role of government, policy-making, resource allocation, efficiency
· Businesses and Social Interest Groups
For further information please contact: