Media Contact: Emily Boucher at email firstname.lastname@example.org or John Reid at email@example.com
CATA Innovation Award Winners:
Ottawa, May 20, 2010
Back Row (L to R): Tony Rahilly, Jason Flick, Mark Kershey, Larry D'Andrea. Middle Row (L to R): Alain McKenna, Carol Leaman, Bill Cowperthwaite, David Ross, Silvio Fernandez, Dave Templeton, Albert Behr, David Berg. Front Row (L to R) :James Pang, Jason Kotler, Pacale Legros, Arthur Lo
- The winners of the 2010 CATAAlliance
Innovation Awards were announced Wednesday night at a sold out Gala Dinner, emceed by CTV Ottawa TechNow Host Paul Brent
. For more than two decades, the CATAAlliance
Innovation Awards Gala Dinner has been celebrating the best in Canadian advanced technology.
At the Awards evening, sponsored by Gowlings, the 2010 Award Winners were recognized for their innovation, expertise, and leadership in Canada's advanced technology community.
Awards were presented in the following areas:
- Community Leadership Award:
Dean Micheál Kelly, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- Telfer School of Management Private Sector Leadership Award:
David Ross, CEO, Ross Video
- CATAAlliance Public Sector Innovation and/or Leadership Award:
Tony Rahilly, Director General, NRC-IRAP
- The Peter Brojde Award for Next Generation Executive Leadership:
Jason Flick, Co-founder and President, YOU iLabs
- ICTC Information Technology Strategic HR Leadership Award:
Human Resource Systems Group (HRSG)
- KPMG CIO Leadership Award:
John Hill, SaskTel
- Gowlings Outstanding Product Achievement in Clean Technology Award:
- Celestica Award for Technology Commercialization:
- Ericsson Award for Outstanding Product Achievement in the Content and Application Mobility Industry (MoCo):
Clevest Solutions Inc.
- TSX Emerging Technology Award:
Platform Computing Corp
- CAMSC Innovation Through Diversity Award:
Pascale Legros, HP
- Wellington West Capital Award:
Spartan Bioscience Inc.
- High Road Communications Award for Excellence in Science and Technology Reporting:
Tyler Hamilton, Toronto Star
- Quebec Media Award - Prix de l'innovation pour l'Excellence dans le journalisme scientifique et technique medias du Quebec:
Alain McKenna, Les Affaires
- Sara Kirke Award for Canada's Leading Woman High Tech Entrepreneur
(sponsored by Carleton University): Carol Leaman, CEO, PostRank Inc.
- QNX Mobile Platform Award:
- KINSA Online Safety Innovation Award:
Dave Templeton, Quiettouch Inc.
"These award winners have shown that they are innovators and skilled business people. They are role models for the development of commercially successful enterprises in Canada. CATA's role as their advocate is to ensure that we create a rich foundation of programs and initiatives that enable leading entrepreneurs to launch their products and exploit their new business opportunities," says John Reid
, CATA President.
In keeping with the theme of "The Future is Mobile," Dan Dodge
, Co-founder and CEO, QNX, Silvio Fernandez
, VP Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Alcatel-Lucent, and Ben Riley
, Head of the U.S. Dept. of Defence, provided insights into mobile technology trends and explained how they are putting their strength behind Canada's mobile industry with an informative panel discussion.
, Founder, CANARIE, also participated in the 25th Annual Gala, announcing the exciting launch of i-Canada. Gala audience members were informed of the i-Canada Declaration, a new national vision of global leadership through ultra fast communication. For more information on how to endorse this exciting initiative please contact John Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details on the CATAAlliance
Innovation Awards Program can be found at http://cata.ca/innovation-and-leadership-awards//