CATAAlliance Business Alerts
- Ottawa Young Leaders Summit - March 27, 2007
- Upgrade your HR knowledge and skills: Advanced Program in Human Resources Management (APHRM)
388 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 5B2
1. Ottawa Young Leaders Summit - March 27, 2007
Do you have what it takes to take your career in your hands and become one of Ottawa's next leaders? Do you want to shape the future of our economy including the following generation of leaders and learn what they bring to the table today?
We invite you to join us during the first annual Ottawa Young Leaders Summit to address these topics that are making the headlines of our national newspapers and the agendas of our governments.
What skills and experiences do you need to go to the next level of your career? What choices can you make today? What challenges will you face along the way? How is the ever-changing technology affecting how business is done - and how can you profit of this technology to make your career grow?
On March 27th, OCRI, Junior Chamber International and the University of Ottawa's School of Management will bring together a diverse set of senior leaders with a broad cross section of young people to discuss these very topics.
This fully interactive Summit will allow you to bring your ideas, thoughts and insights and questions to a table with people from different generations of leadership. Over the next 10 years the baby boom generation will continue to retire, leaving critical gaps in many organizations. What can we do today to ensure the pipeline of future leaders is ready to move into these roles?
Join us on March 27th at the University of Ottawa and begin to be part of the leadership that will shape our future.
To ensure representation from multiple generations, the following options are available:
- 8 - 25 years of age - 30 openings;
- 26 - 35 years of age - 30 openings;
- 36+ years of age - 20 openings.
Welcome and Opening Keynote Speaker
Lost Knowledge –are we losing the skills of the greatest generation ever?Dr. Bruce M. Firestone, B. Eng. (Civil), M. Eng.-Sci., PhD., Founder, Ottawa Senators Hockey Club, Entrepreneur in Residence, School of Management, University of Ottawa
- What skills do I need to develop for my next career move
- How to build a relevant and powerful business network
- How will we communicate in the future (Facebook, second life, mySpace)
- Challenges faced on your way to success
- The true meaning of work-life balance
Professional Panel to discuss the real costs of success - a realistic approach to a prosperous career
2. Advanced Program in Human Resources Management (APHRM)
Upgrade your HR knowledge and skills
HR management has never been more crucial to business success than in today's complex workplaces and highly competitive job market. Everyday, managers and HR practitioners are called on to develop superior ways to recruit, retain and reward top talent, and contribute to the strategic direction of the organization.
Understand the strategic role HR plays in today's workplace
Since 1986, more than 1,000 experienced HR professionals have become leaders in their field by upgrading their knowledge and skills through the Advanced Program in Human Resources Management (APHRM). The program is carefully designed for accomplished managers and HR practitioners to gain:
- a clear perspective of the strategic role HR plays in modern work environments,
- keen insights into key disciplines related to HR management, and
- the knowledge and skills to execute HR best practices and improve the contribution HR makes to their organizations.
The University of Ottawa School of Management has partnered with the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management to deliver the APHRM program in Ottawa.
Take your HR knowledge and skills to a higher level. Click http://www.emba.uOttawa.ca/news/aphrm.html or call (613) 564-9500 to register or find out more about Canada's most comprehensive certificate program in HR management.