Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference to the lives of Ontarians? IT Source is a professional services organization that offers the Ontario Public Service (OPS)
, I&IT community a modern and effective approach to resource acquisition.
IT Source is currently looking for a highly skilled IT professional to be assigned to projects supporting the OPS.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies on an interesting and diverse range of projects. The project assignments will vary in lengths and will be located in a variety of locations throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
We are proud to have been chosen as:
- Canada's Top 100 Employers
- Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers
- Canada's Best Diversity Employers
- Canada's Greenest Employer
- Top Employer for Canadians over 40
We are proud to offer:
As a Business Architect, you will:
- a defined benefit pension plan
- maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, which include adoptive parents
- comprehensive health plan
- life and disability insurance
- a progressive work environment that promotes a work/life balance
- flexible learning and development opportunities including online, training and mentorship program
- opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide-range of career fields
Location: 901 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
- undertake comprehensive architecture needs assessments, architect new solutions and conduct complex reviews in support of systems and infrastructure needs for OPS clients
- provide advice and technical leadership to ensure compliance with current OPS and industry architecture policies, standards, processes and controls
- participate in challenging enterprise-wide and cross-jurisdictional architecture projects with business components
Business Architecture Knowledge and Experience:
- demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills in all aspects of business architecture, strategic architecture planning and related applications, technologies, tools, methodologies and trends
- the ability to identify client and user business requirements to develop detailed plans for large-scale and complex business architecture projects
- business architecture experience in complex, multi-project/multi-client environments
- knowledge of other architecture domains, architecture management, the software development life cycle, software integration, management, evaluation and control mechanisms, database concepts and networking
- the ability to develop performance measures for business architecture evaluations and to conduct follow-up
- experience in systems analysis and design and in establishing and enforcing policies in systems design
Project Leadership Skills
- demonstrated project management skills including planning, estimating and budgeting to manage multiple, large-scale business architecture projects
- knowledge of procurement processes and standards
Research and Analytical Skills
- research, analytical, evaluation and practical problem-solving skills
- demonstrated experience monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting recommendations regularly
- presentation, communication and relationship management skills to listen and consult with I&IT management, clients, business partners, stakeholders and project staff
Before you receive a job offer you must successfully complete a check based on the Ontario Public Service Personnel Screening Checks Policy. This includes a police records check. We will arrange this check for you.
$82,621.00 – $108,423.00 per annum
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers
, quoting Job ID 40298
March 1, 2012
. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Dowload the complete job posting