Rockwell Collins Inc. Seeks Technology Collaborations
- Collaboration opportunities with Rockwell Collins Inc.
- For Canadian Advanced technology enterprises, academia and government
- Targeting technologies aligned with Rockwell Collins Technology Focus
- Respond by: February 28, 2006
Phone: (613) 236-6550
|Call to Action:|
Confirm your interest in Doing Business with Rockwell Collins by email to Muriel Debroy
Ottawa, January 31, 2006... Rockwell Collins Inc. wishes to identify innovative Canadian organizations developing technologies and capabilities which are a strategic match with its business needs.
Rockwell Collins is a worldwide leader in the design, production and support of communication and aviation electronics for commercial and government customers. The company's 17,000 employees in 27 countries deliver industry-leading communication, navigation, surveillance, display, flight control, in-flight entertainment, information management, and maintenance, training and simulation solutions. Additional information is available at www.rockwellcollins.com
Rockwell Collins overall goal is to identify global technology partnerships that can help reduce cycle time or the NRE cost in providing cost effective solutions to its diverse customer base. Thus companies and organizations interested in technology collaboration should have somewhat mature technologies (Technology Readiness Level >3 : Concept / function already proven through analytical and experimental means).
Technology Focus List:
In terms of looking at technologies from Canada, areas of interest include:
Advanced Visual Displays, Broadband Antennas, Cognitive Radios, Compact Multi-spectral Imaging & Surveillance Systems, Data Fusion, Decision Aids, Directional Antennas, High Assurance Software, Information Management, Intelligent Agents, Imaging Sensors, Low Cost Super AHRS, Low Cost Displays, MEMS, Nanotechnology, Optical Avionics, TAWS/Synthetic Vision, Terahertz Imaging, Voice Recognition and Voice Synthesis.
Qualification of Interests and Next Steps:
- Review Rockwell Collins Technology Focus List (see above) and determine your organization's area of interest.
- Ensure that your organization has relevant published scientific papers, presentations and/or patents that can be reviewed by the Rockwell Collin's evaluation team.
- Ensure your corporation is Controlled Goods Certified or be willing to become controlled Goods Certified before entering into business arrangements with Rockwell Collins.
- Contact CATAAlliance with your expression of interest, providing key contact and background information. Your organization will then be provided with a url link to a simple template for completion.
- Confirm your CATA membership status. Processing fees may apply.
- All expressions of interest must be submitted by February 28th, 2006, 17:00 EST by email to Muriel Debroy.
- Rockwell Collins will review information from selected candidates to determine which areas are of specific interest for future follow-up.
- Rockwell Collins will coordinate internally to make sure that each selected Canadian company would be able to meet with the appropriate Director. Follow-up could take several forms including teleconference, videoconferences and site visits to determine the appropriate vehicle for collaboration.
CATA has been contracted by International Trade Canada and the Consulate General of Canada in Minneapolis to share this technology partnering opportunity with appropriate contacts in Canada, including CATA members.