Dear Community Executives,
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATA) and The Conference Board of Canada invite you to attend the Business Innovation Summit 2013: Innovation for the Corporation, taking place at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, February 19 and 20, 2013. We've got an impressive lineup of speakers secured and it's shaping up to be a great event that you won't want to miss!
The two–day event focuses on how to re-think, re-new and transform firm-level innovation in Canada. It explores the real-life challenges and opportunities of innovation within firms—and features tangible solutions that work. An exciting combination of high-profile keynote speakers, special interactive presentations and delegate-expert sharing offers participants unique insights and tools to improve innovation results in their own organizations.
The Summit is international in scope, attracting presenters and participants from across Canada and around the world, and features topics such as:
- Innovators and Capital Markets - the challenge of financing business innovation in Canada.
- Canada's Entrepreneurial Future - how start-ups can help narrow Canada's innovation gap and help Canada become more competitive globally.
- Lessons from Corporate World Leaders - success stories from leading innovation nations: Germany, Israel, Switzerland, and the United States.
- The Power of Big Data - how organizations can benefit from its use and how investment opportunities can help Canada achieve future growth.
- Funding and Growing Innovation in Canada – how more companies can successfully gain funding from angel investors.
- Developing Skills that Create an Innovation Culture - creating a corporate culture for commercialization success.
View the agenda here.
We're bringing together over 300 participants including: senior business leaders and decision makers, key innovation experts, venture capitalists and other types of investors, entrepreneurs, government officials, leading academics, and Canadian institutes and associations focused on innovation. The Summit will provide an opportunity for participants to learn, discuss and debate the latest issues and trends relating to innovation, and determine strategies to contribute to improving innovation in Canada, at the firm-level.
You'll hear from high profile speakers including:
- Amanda Lang ‒‒ Senior Business Correspondent, CBC News and Co-Host, The Lang & O’Leary Exchange
- Nitin Kawale — President, Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- John Lutz ‒‒ President, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Pat Horgan ‒‒ Vice-President, Manufacturing, Development and Operations, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Terry S. Stuart ‒‒ Chief Innovation Officer, Deloitte Canada
- Brian Coupland — Managing Partner, Staples Innovation; Director, Innovation and Marketing, Staples Canada
- Brenda Rideout — Chief Marketing and Technology Officer, ING DIRECT Canada
- John Ruffolo — CEO, OMERS Ventures & CATA National Advisory Council member
- Ross Finlay — Co-Founder and Director, First Angel Network Association
· Amy Lukken Vice-President, Cultural Development and Joyologist, InterfaceFLOR (United States)
- Mike Andrade — Executive Vice-President, Diversified Markets, Celestica Inc.& CATA National Advisory Council member
- Waguih Ishak — Division Vice-President and Director, Corning West Technology Centre, Corning Incorporated (United States)
· Sorin Cohn — Leader, Innovation Metrics, Centre for Business Innovation, The Conference Board of Canada
· Douglas M. Lloyd — Executive Director, Financial Systems Authority, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Andy Yang — Managing Director and Chief Innovation Hunter, Extreme Startups
View the full list of speakers to date.
Register Now! CATA Members save $545 off the regular cost of registration!
Your rebate code to register online is PRM4.
We look forward to seeing you in February!
Add to the Conversation:
CATAAlliance provides social networking forums for executives to connect, inform and inspire others to individual and organizational success. In order to advance innovation and mentorship conversations, provide guidance and build peer relationships, please join the CATAAlliance Group (6200 members) at:
Help us shape Canadian Innovation & Entrepreneurship today by adding to the conversation.