Welcome to the High-Tech Advisor web site, a joint undertaking between CATA, OCRI, Université du Québec en Outaouais and the HEC Montréal. The content of this site is dedicated to the global high-tech market place and its primary goal is to assist Canadian technology companies to compete more effectively in the new global environment. To the extent that most high-tech products and services have high value added, the marketing and competitive horizons compel a global perspective, hence even the most local of initiatives can suddenly develop global dimensions.
Companies will benefit from advice on marketing, finance, strategy, product development and offshore alliances. In a reciprocal manner, we hope to attract the attention of offshore high-tech companies to the opportunities presented by the North American market.
To achieve these goals our advice is divided into several categories:
- on-line instruction material that captures the theory and evidence behind current, past and evolving best practices;
- studies that create new insights into the functioning of high-tech sectors or individual firms;
- focused reviews on the state of the art relative to key high-tech undertakings, such as mergers and aquisitions, IPOs, venture capital, cluster collaboration, outsourcing etc.;
- market profile studies in key geographies, such as, China, India, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Russia;
- resumes of new masters graduates; and,
- on-line journals, drawing on the contributions of academics, consultants and practitioners, to bring the latest technology and management ideas to our CATA and OCRI audiences.
The site, like all high-tech initiatives, is an evolving project with new ideas and concepts to be developed and added as our capacity to better understand CATA membership needs increases. Please forward your comments to email@example.com.
Dr. André Manseau
Dean of Research, Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Dr. Tamas Koplyay [ bio ] Web Content Director
- Dr. Jean Paul Paquin [ bio ] Associate Director
Dr. Jean-Pierre Levy-Mangin [ bio ] Associate Director
Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance
- Li Li [ bio ] Site Coordinator
- Dr. Silvia Ivonne Ponce [ bio ]