August 22, 2017
Women in Tech World is embarking on a journey to put together an extensive report on the current state of Women in Tech across Canada: Join CATAAlliance to Advance Women in Tech
Please review background details of the Driving Women in Tech cross Canada tour, select the city of your choice (see Schedule below) to participate and then register online as part of engaging in research to develop insights into best practices for inclusion and promotion of women in the tech industry.
CATAAlliance, as a key partner in this initiative, will utilize research results as a basis to advance its competitive innovation nation advocacy campaign through specific women in tech advocacy and educational events.
BACKGROUND: view video with Anu Bhardwaj, Founder, Women INVESTING in women DIGITAL
Women in Tech World and partners is proud to present Driving Women in Tech, a community based research tour to better understand and support women in the technology industry in Canada.
- 30+ cities coast-to-coast
- 25+ national and community partners (incubators, accelerators, tech companies and national sponsors) and 87 Kickstarter funders
- 2,500 participants and 10,000 stakeholders reached
- 50 community conversations and 20+ panels by expert speakers!
As part of this study, we are conducting a series of research activities, including the Community Conversations. If you agree to participate in this activity, it would involve filling out a brief questionnaire (~5 minutes) and taking part in a community conversation, that would take about 2.5 hours of your time.
This research activity is for people who:
- Self-identify as as woman working in the tech industry (or recently left in the past 5 years)
- Allies or advocates of women in tech
- Stakeholders in the tech industry (including government, non-profit, educational organizations or service providers)
- 5:30-6:00 pm Networking
- 6:00-6:30 pm Panel of Trailblazing Women in Tech
- 6:30-7:50 pm Research Activities: Community Conversation
- 7:50-8:00 pm Closing Questions + Next Steps
Event Page Link: https://www.thestateofwomen.org/events/
We’ll be visiting over 30 locations, including:
- VANCOUVER, Sept. 5th: http://ow.ly/Fc9Q30exa6j
- KELOWNA, Sept. 7th: http://ow.ly/kHb730exa7l
- PRINCE GEORGE, Sept. 9th: http://ow.ly/4PcL30exa9N
- WHITEHORSE, Sept. 13th: http://ow.ly/CYze30exaeb
- FORT MCMURRAY, Sept. 18th: http://ow.ly/ZDuN30exaiZ
- EDMONTON, Sept. 19th: http://ow.ly/HuI330exahs
- CALGARY, Sept. 20th : http://ow.ly/yMBE30exale
- SASKATOON, Sept. 25th: http://ow.ly/wVb430exalt
- REGINA, Sept. 26th: http://ow.ly/oWqc30examy
- BRANDON, Sept. 27th: http://ow.ly/EwUh30exan8
- WINNIPEG, Sept. 28th: http://ow.ly/i7hm30exanQ
- SAULT STE. MARIE, Oct. 2nd: http://ow.ly/BbwE30exaoE
- WATERLOO, Oct. 5th: http://ow.ly/fP2530exapa
- BARRIE, Oct. 10th: http://ow.ly/Bfsg30exaq0
- TORONTO, Oct. 11th: http://ow.ly/p3BH30exaqE
- OTTAWA, Oct. 17th: http://ow.ly/ilHg30exatb
- MONTREAL, Oct. 18th: http://ow.ly/1Zry30exatO
- QUEBEC CITY, Oct. 23rd: http://ow.ly/jLcp30exauo
- CHARLOTTETOWN, Oct. 30th: http://ow.ly/b8SA30exave
- Defining who are women in tech in Canada
- Understanding what are women’s experiences in the tech industry in Ottawa
- Identifying best practices for inclusion and promotion of women in the tech industry
DRIVING WINTECH: KEY SUCCESS METRICS & OUTCOMES
- National Report on the experiences of women in tech in Canada (barriers, challenges, successes, and resources).
- Set of Playbooks (regional recommendations) to facilitate more inclusive and diverse tech communities in Canada.
- Findings and data shared through Women in Tech World Online and the World Women Report published by The State of Women Institute & Women Investing in Women DIGITAL – 100 Million viewers aggregate reach through 45+ global content sharing partners.
About The State of Women Institute: The State of Women Institute (http://www.thestateofwomen.org), currently filing for U.S. 501c3 status, is a California non-profit organization dedicated to amplifying the voices of women and girls through programs and initiatives that support the creation of varied form of digital media including podcasts, video (documentary and social media related), AR/VR and print. The State of Women Radio Network, in collaboration with the State of Women Institute, is the world’s first radio network produced and broadcasted by millennial women and GEN Z’s between the ages of 6 and 24 years old in creating content focused on topics that are of interest to millennial women.Contact: The State of Women Institute Founder, Anu Bhardwaj , tel: 858-736-7460, website: www.thestateofwomen.org, tags: Innovation. Leadership, Entrepreneurship, women, Technology.
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, and is crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
Contact: CATAAlliance at email@example.com, tel: 613-699-8209, website: www.cata.ca, tags: Innovation. Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy