October 10, 2017
Driving Women in Tech, a community based women in tech research tour: Join Ottawa’s Seminar (October 17th) as our guest
Women in Tech World with the support of CATAAlliance is proud to present Driving Women in Tech, a community based research tour to better understand and support women in the technology industry in Canada.
Please join us as our guest for the Ottawa Driving Women in Tech seminar event on Tuesday October 17 2017 (5:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDT 135 Rideau St #305, Ottawa). Take a few minutes to review the background to this Venture, Audience, Agenda, Goals and Metrics. We are looking for your advice and guidance for National and Regional playbooks to advance Women in Tech.
Confirm Your Guest Participation at this URL:
- 30+ cities coast-to-coast
- 25+ national and community partners (incubators, accelerators, tech companies and national sponsors) and 87 Kickstarter funders
- 2,500 participants and 10,000 stakeholders reached
- 50 community conversations and 20+ panels by expert speakers!
As part of this study, we are conducting a series of research activities, including the Ottawa Community Conversation. If you agree to participate in this activity, it would involve filling out a brief questionnaire (~5 minutes) and taking part in a community conversation, that would take about 2.5 hours of your time.
This research activity is for people who:
- Self-identify as as woman working in the tech industry (or recently left in the past 5 years)
- Allies or advocates of women in tech
- Stakeholders in the tech industry (including government, non-profit, educational organizations or service providers)
- 5:30-6:00pm Networking
- 6:00-6:30pm Panel of Trailblazing Women in Tech
- 6:30-7:50pm Research Activities: Community Conversation
- 7:50-8:00pm Closing Questions + Next Steps
- Defining who are women in tech in Canada
- Understanding what are women’s experiences in the tech industry in Ottawa
- Identifying best practices for inclusion and promotion of women in the tech industry in Ottawa
DRIVING WINTECH: KEY SUCCESS METRICS & OUTCOMES
- National Report on the experiences of women in tech in Canada, including best practices for creating more inclusive and diverse tech communities.
- Regional Playbooks with recommendations, to facilitate community-driven activities.
- Findings and data shared through Women in Tech World Online and the World Women Report published by The State of Women Institute & Women Investing in Women DIGITAL– 100 Million viewers aggregate reach through 45+ global content sharing partners.
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, and is crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind)
Support CATA Advocacy Today through Crowdfunding
Contact: CATAAlliance CEO, John Reid at email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 613-699-8209, website: www.cata.ca, tags: Innovation. Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy