October 20, 2016
CATAAlliance’s Core Public Policy Planks for developing Canada as a competitive innovation nation
CATA’s mission is to move Canada to 1st place or an A grade in Innovation and Competitiveness. We do so under the rubric of the Competitive Innovation Nation Campaign based on Core Policy Planks created by the community
CATA CEO, John Reid, said, “ We first asked the community to create a set of core public policy planks, and then called on executives across the nation to determine the resources and conditions we need in Canada for growing competitive innovation success.” View Mr. Reid’s video interview.
Core Policy Planks: CATAAlliance as a political party
Similar to a political party, CATA’s Platform is built from Core Policy Planks that are then linked to Specific Recommendations which will ensure success for Canada in the global economy.
Core Planks include:
- Developing a Competitive Innovation Nation, National Brand for Canada based on Regional Advantages;
- Creating a new Strategy for industry that perceives and exploits parallel physical, digital and intangible value streams, linked to strategic approaches to the growth of our innovative businesses through effective commercialization of products and services, supply chains, exports, increased international mandates and government procurement;
- Responding to the Flat World of global competition with the removal of trade barriers, provision of support to equal the playing field for Canadian competitors and investment in the infrastructure needed to preserve and expand market strength;
- Leveraging the best practice aspects of Canada’s SR&ED tax incentive program to create the environment that promotes the commercialization of our innovations and the growth of firms to their full potential;
- Attracting, retaining and training best talent;
- Fostering executive leadership, including a commitment to lifetime learning, Mentorship and Diversity;
- Developing through Mentorship the IT capacity of women and encouraging women to join the technology market and enroll in technology-related STEM studies;
- Creating best practices for Public Safety and National Security with an eye to protecting privacy, including fostering the growth of the advanced security sector; and,
- Advancing measures to speed ICT adoption by the public and private sectors, particularly for small to mid sized (SME) businesses.
CATA CEO, John Reid, said, “ We echo the words of federal Ministers. In an era of fast and profound change, Canada needs to invest in innovation as the path to inclusive growth. The way forward is to act on a bold new vision: to build Canada as a global centre for innovation.”
Interact with your Innovation Peer Group Now http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Canadian-Advanced-Technology-Alliance-CATA-37239/about
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATAAlliance) is Canada’s One Voice for Innovation Lobby Group, crowdsourcing ideas and guidance from thousands of opt in members in moderated social networks in Canada and key global markets. (No Tech Firm Left Behind) Contact: CATA CEO, John Reid at email@example.com